Barking and Dagenham has more green spaces than any borough in London. Along with the beautiful parks, the borough also has thousands of smaller pockets of green spaces. Residents would love to see some of these green spaces brought to life with new ideas, transforming them into useful spaces for growing, learning and playing.
How does Open Corners work?
It couldn’t be easier. The Every One Every Day team will support residents to bring their ideas to life as quickly and as easily as possible.
1. You and another neighbour get together and decide you would like to start a project nearby.
2. You contact the Every One Every Day team, by phone, email, by completing the form online, or by popping into your nearest shop.
3. Working with the team the process involves:
• A site visit to the space you have in mind.
• Some checks will be made with the council about the space.
• The Every One Every Day team supports you talking about your ideas to your neighbourhoods, helping to arrange a design session using some of the items on the next page.
• Once an outline design has been put together the Every One Every Day team will help share these ideas with the wider group of residents to ensure that everyone is happy, and to gather further support for keeping your space tidy and clean.
“I think that creating the space within your community where you can come and do something creative, where you can produce something with your two hands is very powerful.” Participant